Hi end DAC kit ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wellcame and we thank you where corresponded in this invitation. Beginning this DAC show planned well and complete (DIR9001+TDA1541A*4) category Hi-END.
Other better for us presentation you this DAC.

Εxample for the difference in the sound when a DAC has 1 or 2 or 4 TDA 1541A

Thanks

yeah, just an opinion. Most people associate to 2000-5000 price range after reading the word "hi-end". They get it for cheap, it translates as compromised somehow. Not good word of use anyway.
If they have a cheaper tda1543, and a more expensive tda1541, just use one of the sentences Philips used to market tda1541 which was "hi-fi".
But "hi-fi" is not good anymore cause it means "bookshelf and tower speakers" ;)

there is a fine line to walk between exaggeration and technical description, please think about it.

From the beginning I put the word ¡°Hi-End¡± is descripting for this specific product only. Of course difference DAC will have difference sounding and characteristic. Just like the sound wave (frequency), if you like to listen, this is music; otherwise it would be the noise. So which one is Hi-End, we all are not known as the music world will not to the end.

It¡¯s fine for me to put the word off as I would like everyone happy and enjoy the life in the music world, here it¡¯s better to share our experience than argue for the ¡°WORD¡±. As the member gus66 said trust to your ears and experience is the Key point.

About the DAC, no matter you listen to 1.0, 2.0 or 4.0, the sounding nature should be similar, the different is more chips in parallel will provide you more punching and better on the dynamic, it also give the details on the whole pictures too, this is my opinion. I love the TDA1541A chip because the mid-range is sweet and warm. If you question the chip is good enough to provide you the sounding details than others DAC, here I don¡¯t think so but still depends on how good of your ears too.

For the issue of using coupling transformer for driver stage, a good quality transformer is needed. Otherwise it seems you gain a lot of punching and dynamic but on the other hand you will loose a lot of details on the music too.

Hey Dac-Pet, great looking Dacs

Tell me does the HDMA work with the Classics Dac kit (single TDA 1541) and does it work with the 4 chip TDA1543 non OS kit.

I assume the HDMA will be back soon, not onsite at present.

How does the 1543 sound compared to the Classic kit?

Cheers
Zero One

Hello Zero One,
Yes the HDAM can work with all series of TDA1541A DAC kit even for TDA1543 too.
The HDAM is still available
Each DAC chip has its sounding characteristic, for my feeling, TDA1543 will provide the original sounding from the source and works with the driver stage you are favorite. TDA1541A will give you more details and comfortable at the mid-range. I am appreciate if you can share your comment too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.