Hi end DAC kit ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DAC_pet said:
Hi, for the balance output for this DAC, the only way is re-design the circuit as this is the difference application. I am appreicate if anybody can give the advice.:)

Take the output of the DF that feeds the DAC chip, use two DAC chip "channels" - then take some fast TTL chips one inverter and one not inverter, use the proper clock pulse to synchronize them, that's on the data line - then one chip has inverted audio the other doesn't.

_-_-bear

When using the SPDIF as the clock source ( as the board is configured for ) Pin 8 on u16 DIR9001 should be grounded as per the Manufacture's data sheet.

It may not make a difference, but I just grounded it. Pin 8 is XTI clock source when reclocking with a crystal. Its tough grounding it because of the lead spacing.

Also upgraded two DACs to S1.......

jk

I just upgraded the last to chips two S1 TDA1541s..... I know that the cost of the S1s is a bit much.... I got a pretty good price on each set of 2 that I bought.

But having all S1s in this DAC is worth the extra cost....the improve of the S1s sound great to my ears....

Additionally I am using Rain-Drops tube output and moved to I2S interface to the CD-Pro Transport. I am very very happy with this DAC.

johnk

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I have my problems with scales :D

I have compared my previous PS-Audio DL III with Cullen Circuits Stage IV mod. (a real good playing DAC)
and the 4xTDA1541A DAC with Tube-I-zator/L........r SRPP I/V-Stage, 6N2P-ER Tubes and SS rectifier, before any modification.

The "Big Blue" beat him already in this stage. But there is so much potential to tweak, it´s realy awesome! :p

If i would compare the basic with the end-stage of my DAC, with my subjective listenings of course, the end-stage plays on another planet.

I have the enjoyment to listen to a real High-End Horn-Speaker and i would say that there were not much DAC´s on the planet, who could play in the league of the end-stage.

Best regards,
Oliver

I have compared my previous PS-Audio DL III with Cullen Circuits Stage IV mod. (a real good playing DAC)
and the 4xTDA1541A DAC with Tube-I-zator/L........r SRPP I/V-Stage, 6N2P-ER Tubes and SS rectifier, before any modification.

The "Big Blue" beat him already in this stage. But there is so much potential to tweak, it´s realy awesome! :p

Best regards,
Oliver

A friend of mine has the PS-Audio DLIII with the same mods...

My NOS 4 dac has a few mods and 4 S1 chips.

My friends jaw dropped when he heard mine.... he tried to hide his surprise...but it was kind of hard with his jaw on the floor ....:)

I am using it via I2S to a CD-PRO2 transport.

jk

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.