JRC 4556AD opamp Replacement?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looks like a std dual op amp! Is it DIP?

There are any number of drop in replacements.

You can try LM4562NA for about £10 a pair. I've got a couple of set of these and they are very good. Even better with decent decoupling caps on the supply rails (Try Rubycon ZA's)
If you were feeling very extravagant, you could try LME49720H. These are excellent. They are in a slightly different form but not difficult to fit see this thread

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1741363#post1741363

They are about £28 a pair on ebay!

Ian

Thanks!

It is just a standard dip dual op amp I was just going to put in a socket so I could try a couple of different ones.

I happen to have a LM4562 here that I can try as I bought two of them when I swapped the old one out of a CDV-1 a while back.

I do not see any LME49720H's on Ebay right now but I will keep looking. 28$ is not bad if it makes a difference. They do look interesting.

Thanks for the help

Pyre said:
It is just a standard dip dual op amp ...

I think that one small thing that is specific to the 4556 is the drive capability, which is why you find it sometimes in CD players for the headphone output.

From the datasheet:
"The NJM4556A integrated circuit is a high-gain, high output
current dual operational amplifier capable of driving ±70mA into
150Ω loads (...)
The NJM4556A combines many of the features of the
popular NJM4558 as well as having the capability of driving
150Ω loads."

This feature (if your circuit needs it at all) shouldn't be diffcult to find in other better OpAmps - sorry, I don't have a suggestion in mind.

Cheers.

_

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.