Experience with this DIY DAC ?

I know they are bigger, but i don't want to make a new DAC box just because of that... I'll squezze them in there somehow, even if i have to split them in half :D :smash:
But jokes aside, what if I put them vertically ??? Height is not the problem, I can live with a little hole on the top cover...
Do you know approximate dimensions at least, how much bigger compared to Monacor LTR-110??

I saw it on ebay a while ago with dimensions in description but can't find it anymore :(
Much MUCH bigger :)

I am trying 2x150 ohm on the primary now,don´t think I´ll go any lower,thow I don´t hear any clear difference compared to 2x560 ohm.
Ï think compared to my Benchmark DAC1 this one has a little better roominfo.
And maybe better treble.

If you use lower value on the primaries (series) the sound will be much more loud, dynamic and sometimes harsh according to your setup....if you choose higher value such 1K series then you'll lack of gain little bit and sound will be much more softer.....it's up to you....to decide.

I like 100R in first place since it gives me more punch but got tired eventually....now with 1K sound a little more quiet and you have to crank up the volume to 9 o clock to have good audioble music. I think this is good since music will be more detail if we turn the pot more....IMHO...

Hi Gabanayayaya,

That's tru, but definitely with the monacor's there is a change in frequency response, phase and distortion. It is easy to measure with a program like Audiotester (.de). Really clear if you only change one channel and measure both. Of course different trafo's do different things!

Hi Gabanayayaya,

That's tru, but definitely with the monacor's there is a change in frequency response, phase and distortion. It is easy to measure with a program like Audiotester (.de). Really clear if you only change one channel and measure both. Of course different trafo's do different things!

GerardA

Are you testing the dac using this dac? Perhaps maybe someone here volunteering to test the A20 performance....if only I have a sound card....

Gaba...

Yes, I have the DAC connected to the PC with toslink and the output of the DAC to the Line-in of the motherboard. Samplerate of 192 kHz is possible so I guess measurements are accurate enough to make comparisons.
Would be very nice if everybody measures there DAC/trafo's this way!

Ryssen,

these values are the ones suggested before.
With the Monacor they remove the peak at 33 kHz, but then there is a small peak at 20 kHz left. Phasechanges are all over the place and I did not like the sound so I removed it. Your trafo's are different so try and see what happens.
It won't damage anything.

I discovered a "odd" problem Wit my F5 amp.When I have The F5 connected to the opamp out of the DAC,the temperature on the F5 is normaly hot,but if I connect it to the LL1517 out the F5 gets to hot to touch..What is this?Oschillation?How do I fix this,do I mount "gridresistors" on the secondary or ground the scondary?Any help is apriciated.

Edit:Theres nothing wrong with the sound.

Last edited: