Has anybody put a SRC in a DEQ2496?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for a worthwhile project to help my sound and am thinking about adding an SRC4192 or AD1896 to my venerable DEQ2496 for better jitter rejection. Has anyone done this? Is worthwhile to do?

Would the best place to put it be after the DAP and before the DAC? Would a clock with low jitter board like Tent labs or a board like the Twisted Pear's Metronome be the way to go?
Or am I just likely to screw up something that already works good?

What you are proposing sounds challenging. I did the same kind of thing more simply by upsampling with a Behringer SRC2496 before my DEQ2496. I think there was some improvement but not a major change.
I think it makes more sense to upsample before the DEQ rather than after so the DSP can work at the higher rate.

John

Dac swap and direct out mod

I haven't changed any clocks yet but have an Oettle receiver/clock on order for my DCX2496 which is said to make a big improvement. I have a hard time anticipating how much more improvement could be left because my modified DEQ sounds so good already. I have swapped the dac chip to AK4395 which allows running the analog direct out with no buffers or filters. Nothing between you and the best dac chip but a high quality coupling cap. The 4396 is very nice as well and drops in with no additional voltage supply mods.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.