Behringer DEQ2496 Schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want spdif (75 ohm) digital out from the DEQ2496,
how can I do that?

I have seen there is a little transformer before the AES socket, is it 75 ohm to 110 ohm transformer so I can just bypass the signal directly to the AES and has 75 ohm from the AES socket?

for SPDIF out there are optical to RCA adapters

For the poster looking for SPDIF out on the DEQ2496, my approach would be to convert the optical TOSLINK to RCA with a <$20 adapter

for example:
For only $9.77 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Optical Toslink to Coaxial (RCA) Digital Audio Converter | Toslink Switch / Converter

Disclaimer: I do not work for Monoprice etc...

I don't use this particular adapter, but I use its brother the RCA to TOSLINK version without issue. I use it with a passive 3-way TOSLINK switch to chose between sources into my DEQ2496.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I know this is an older thread, but if anyone got their hands on a schematic, I'd love to have it.

For the fellow above asking about coax (75 ohm) SPDIF output, just make yourself a simple adapter cable. Go from pin 2 XLR to center pin RCA, and pin 3 XLR to the body of the RCA. I made a cable like that, and it works like a charm with my Buffalo II which takes 75 ohm coax SPDIF.

Cheers,
Owen

blown fuse

Would anyone like to take a stab at why my DEQ blows fuses? I guess PS. Hope to get time w/a DVOM this weekend. a PS schematic would help

Hi ,
just a start ok,Unplug the unit,Take the lid off ,a bunch of black wires run from the ps board to a digital board,unplug the white connector at the digital board ,it will need the glue removed and take your time with it,once the white connector is unplugged put a new(same value) fuse in and power on (IF YOU HAVE A VARIAC use it here ) again with the white connector unplugged,if it pops the fuse you have a power supply problem if not, you need a service tech,you have a schematic for the power supply,it's the same one for a dcx 2496. CAUTION 120 VAC is live so don't touch the ps with it plugged in,IF your going in to it and you know switching supplys ,ok
That supply has 2 sides the ac side has 240 ac on it and the other side runs the dc much like the liner supplies,it has 2 grounds ,another thing don't sub parts use the right part numbers ,it's picky . don't mean to preach,been there ,done that,lol, good luck!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.