Help removing opamps!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to remove the I/V opamps in my Denon dvd 2900 but they are not co-operating.

The buffer opamps came off ok but the I/V pieces seem to be
krazy glued down or somthing!!!

I'm looking for some tips on how to remove these before I do some Damage!!!!

HELP!!!:eek:

They are soldered in....

I have used solder wick and lifted the pins. The others all seemed to have a tiny bit of glue or domething holding them to the board, however this one seems to have a lot more adheason and I'm afraid i might damage the board prying it off!!

I am changing the opamps to getter ones...

I'm sure it's not plate through and I have lifted all 8 legs.
The body is glued to the board and I can't seem to get anything under it to pry it up.
Is there a special tool to lift the opamps?

When i removed the other opamps on the same board I found signal traces under the body and I'm afraid ir I pry to hard I may pull the traces off the board!!!

Just swapped some smd opamps from my dvd player:

Bend a small L shaped hook on a needle (soft burned in a flame) Heat each pin of oa and lift pin up with the custom hook. When you lifted the 4 pins on 1 side lift whole opamp. Bend opamp few times and so break off the other 4 pins. Remove excess solder/pin remains with wick.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.