Vista Media Center wifi Remote control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been a busy bod over the last week or so and I thought I would report in on some software that I have been playing with.

With more and more turning to PC's as high quality and very convenient sources, there may be some here that get as excited as I did about ngRC

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Next Generation Remote Control

From the ngrc website:

* Full feature remote control (replacement for IR, let you control your media center over WiFi)
* Useable on all iPhones, iPod Touch, PSP, PC, Tablet PC (everything that is Browser-Capable)
* Extender Support (control every extender from every room, with only one remote control)
* Music-Library-Search (Browse your media center music library by Album, Artist, Playlist, Genre, Title, view Album Details, Title-Details, etc…), filter music by keyword.
* Play selected music
* Add selected music to playlists
* Show actual playing title
* Show actual playing playlist
* Nice Covert-Art display (mirror-effect)
* Direct Jump from Home-Screen to TV Guide, Recordings, Pictures, Videos

I have tried it out on my recently purchased and only slightly more recently touch screen modified eee PC 901 and it is a very capable package that works as promised by the author. If you are using a media center PC as a source, please do yourself a favour and try this out.

Does it sould like I am selling tnis? I promise you that untill this week I had never head of the package. Though I am in contact with the Author now.

If you are using an iphone or other small touchscreen (wifi enabled device) ngRC will e fine right out the box. However if yoou wish to use it with larger screens, the web interface is a little small. However the frontend is very hackable and I have alreay modified it to make a very useable eee PC 901 optimised interface

ScreenHunter_10Jan052200.jpg

There are some of both the modified and unmodified screenshots here

http://www.justblair.co.uk/eee-rc-my-hacked-version-of-ngrc.html

What do you think?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.