ka4558s to lm4562

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys

Am confused because am not some expert in this. So the question is...

I have Marantz ST 6000 Tuner and inside it has ka 4558s Dual Op Amp which has 9 pin Sip package. I would like to implement lets say Lm 4562 but the problem is that lm4562 has 8pins and what should i do?

As you can see on the picture pin 1 and 9 have the same vcc input. So i would like to connect the lm 4562 but at pin 8 where vcc comes in i will solder two wires and both of them will go into the board at 1 and 9 hole where 4558 is connected default.

So am i going to make some damage if i connect them like this or i should lets say conect only one vcc at hole 9 or 1 at the PCB of the tuner?:confused:

Thank you for the replies

Alexandar

Attachments

• 9sip.jpg
    9sip.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 221
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Aleksander,
There is no problem. Just connect each op amp ( - + inputs and the output ) correctly and make sure that pin 4 is the zero or negative rail and pin 8 the positive.
You will know by looking at the PCB whether or not pins 1 and 9 on the board are linked or not.
You certainly won't harm anything at all.
It's worth making sure the 4558 is actually in the audio circuit, it probably is but sometimes they are used in other parts of the circuit as well, even the PSU.
I would try something like the TL072 first, it's far better than most folks give credit for, and would be ideal for something like this. It's unconditionally stable too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.