Tent Clock Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Focus on the supply to the clock. So either a tent shunt reg or diy low noise reg that feeds the clock. Here's an example with the tent shunt reg. If the reg output is 5V then it wants 10-12VDC input. So you can tap an existing power supply if it is in this range, or you can add something like an LM7808 before the tent shunt reg if the power supply is higher voltage. This is what I do with an 18VDC supply. I step it down with the LM7808 and then this feeds a tent shunt reg next to the tent clock. Hope this helps.

riotubes said:
Focus on the supply to the clock. So either a tent shunt reg or diy low noise reg that feeds the clock. Here's an example with the tent shunt reg. If the reg output is 5V then it wants 10-12VDC input. So you can tap an existing power supply if it is in this range, or you can add something like an LM7808 before the tent shunt reg if the power supply is higher voltage. This is what I do with an 18VDC supply. I step it down with the LM7808 and then this feeds a tent shunt reg next to the tent clock. Hope this helps.

Thanks.
I'm currently using Guido's diy psu, which outputs 19V, and was thinking of adding a low noise regulator, either 15V or 12V, to it. The other option is to replace the regulator on the clock with a low noise regulator, as I have an extra Dexa 5V regulator.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.