OP275 opamp replacement help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AD8066 for I/V conversion (with heat spreaders when used with + and - 15V). Brilliant and miles ahead of any other IC I tried, in particular speed (level of details), extension and resolution. They work reliably with + and - 15V supply which I tested now for more than a year in many CD players and DACs - but I fit them with little coper heat spreaders / heat sinks. They need to be decoupled properly though.

For all other tasks I use AD826 or LM4562.

All IC's I mentioned above can not be used on their own - they will only reveal many other weaknesses - which can result in bright tops and / or boomy base, so other sections will need attention as well.

But with all angles / bases covered, they will produce beautiful detail, excellent speed and natural sound.

Boky

Extreme_Boky said:
AD8066 for I/V conversion (with heat spreaders when used with + and - 15V). Brilliant and miles ahead of any other IC I tried, in particular speed (level of details), extension and resolution. They work reliably with + and - 15V supply which I tested now for more than a year in many CD players and DACs - but I fit them with little coper heat spreaders / heat sinks. They need to be decoupled properly though.

For all other tasks I use AD826 or LM4562.

All IC's I mentioned above can not be used on their own - they will only reveal many other weaknesses - which can result in bright tops and / or boomy base, so other sections will need attention as well.

But with all angles / bases covered, they will produce beautiful detail, excellent speed and natural sound.

Boky

Thanks Bocky,
Regarding all angles/bases being covered - what are your suggestions here?

Extreme_Boky said:
They work reliably with + and - 15V supply which I tested now for more than a year in many CD players and DACs - but I fit them with little coper heat spreaders / heat sinks.

10% above absolute max ratings?! You are extreme indeed :) And lucky. Don't see how heatsinks can help with overvoltage. Under normal operating loads they don't even get hot. I also tried my luck and one didn't even last 3 months @14v per rail.

Hi guys,

Know this is an old thread, but thought I'd ask... I don't remember reading if the LM4562 is a drop-in replacement for the OP275? I've got a thread started here about the AD1955 DAC and I'm looking for suggestions for upgrading the op amps as a first upgrade path. The LM4562 was mentioned. Google led me to this thread. I'm doing a bit more research on the 4562. Thx.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.