schematic for an optical to SPDIF (coax) circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've search the forums and the net and general but came away somewhat empty.

I found discussions here and in other forums mentioning an epanorama article. but I am not sure which is applicable to my need.

can you please help?

thank you! :)

ps. I've found lots of ready made products but I'm trying to find a DIY solution :)

from silicon chip

107004_7mg.jpg

copyright yes copyright ...
but i see the same schematic on at least 3 other magazine and in numerous web site i think all copied by the same source: the link i give on post #4

@BrianDonegan:
your circuit is good but to have what is in the thread's title you have ta add a coax spdif driver: in the schematic proposed the hct04 in parallel plus coupling capacitor plus resistor network to have the right amplitude and output impedance. Maybe it's better to use an rs422/485 driver in place of the hct04.

ciao
andrea

@BrianDonegan: your circuit is good but to have what is in the thread's title you have ta add a coax spdif driver: in the schematic proposed the hct04 in parallel plus coupling capacitor plus resistor network to have the right amplitude and output impedance. Maybe it's better to use an rs422/485 driver in place of the hct04.

This would be true if a) you cannot utilize TTL level (3.3V) SPDIF and b) you will be transmitting the signal over some distance. Typically you would use the Optical for the distance, then convert locally at your destination. If you only need to go a few cm or inches, a driver is not needed. If you cannot use TTL, a simple resistor divider can be added for a few cents.

c issue...
I think that things published in the public media are not c-r...
The comercial usage of the same often is prohibited...
that is the differance.
On the other hand, the datas published on the books might be
because the data are alredy c-r by writter and not go for profit usage,
but for education and non-for profit are free...
and second, the publisher c-r the publishing object, so
publisher preventing uncontroling publishing, without permision...
those are the diff.
If the sch found on the web like public mas-media, comercial usage is restricted,
but not the pointing or other copy-paste, publishing at the same media,
of course that does not include publishing at other public meda having comecial character,
like magazines, books...
:cannotbe:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.