Wifi and the air port

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey,

I'm new to diy and this is my first post. I'm working on a project that involves building mic pre's, A/D conversion plus wireless transmission and I was wondering if you guys might be able to help me out.

Alright so, this is the project in detail. I've built a mic pre circuit using really cheap mic capsules and its working fine. Now I need to add the A/D and the wireless transmission stages. I think I might be able to figure out the A/D part but I need some help with the Tx/Rx. I was thinking of using Wifi to transmit the signal, and to develop a software interface (say using Max/MSP) that can record this stream and save it as .wavs.

Do you guys know if using Wifi is a good idea?
-Interference issues, transfer rates/bandwidth, what spectrum to use and specific protocols?
-I need more transmission distance than what bluetooth can achieve
Can I use SPDIF (I might need to transmit more than two channels)?
Can I use the air port on my mac to receive the stream? If yes, how do I do that? Is there any literature on this? Or can/should I build a separate receiver and connect it through USB/ Firewire and go in that way?

I would really appreciate any suggestions/comments/observations.

Thanks,
Sravi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.