Trying to get I2S from XBOX!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found that the XBOX uses the WM9709 dac chip. The spdif output doesn't come from this chip, but rather from the NVIDA MCXP chip which no datasheet can be found since it was a custom graphics chip made exclusively for the xbox. The data sheet on the Wolfson chip states that it outputs SDATA, BLCLK, and SYNC, but I do not see anywhere in the datasheet LRCLK listed. Is sync the same thing as LRCLK? SYNC is described as "serial interface sync pulse from AC-Link controller."

My plan is to use XBMC to turn the xbox in an audio media center where the I2S output will be wired to a Buffalo DAC. If I were to install a superclock would I install it where XTLIN and XTLOUT is located? After looking at the XBOX motherboard, I only see one clock crystal and it is no where close to the DAC chip.

I figure if this project works, I can sell my SB3 and my DVD player so I can use the XBOX to do both!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.