Auzen X-Fi questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, this is my firts time posting on this forum.
I wanted to ask you about digital volume control and dynamic range loss. My amplifier is a trends audio 10.1. I'm using it as a power amplifier, so i need to use my audio card (and winamp volume control) to set the volume.
I've set the wave audio card volume at 100%, and master volume at 40%. I set winamp at 80% for classicla music and about 30% for rock music.
Does only the wave volume control matter for the dynamic range, or also the master and winamp volumes? Because if they do, i'd have let's say something about 60db of dynamic range, wich is not enough for me.

The secod question (for now) is sound distotion. I hear a lot of distortion, even if the master volume is at 40%, and i even heard the same distortion when my ta 10.1 was an integrated amplifier, with it's volume set at 12 o' clock.
Do you think if it's my mother board that gives this problem (but i only have a radeon 9600 as video card) or windows xp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.