8 channel LPCM over HDMI, It's Multi Amp for Everyone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Koon.

Good to see your progress.

As far as I understand. You're generating a multichannel .wav file
which you send over HDMI.

Why not 6 seperate PCM channels?

The Denon amp is not a full digital amp, right!?!

Have you looked in building a multichannel HDMI receiver?
A dedicated multichannel HDMI receiver with I2S-out would solve a lot of problems in the DIY community.

Cheers
\Klaus

Why not 6 seperate PCM channels?
The Denon amp is not a full digital amp, right!?!
Have you looked in building a multichannel HDMI receiver?
[/B]

multi channel WAV file contains 8 PCM channels inside, and each channels are syncronized.

Denon amp is not a full digital.
Just selected cheap HDMI1.3 Linear PCM 8 channel compatible.

HDMI-I2S?
HDMI receiver will require thousands $ per year just to be a member, and I don't think individual person can be a member.
=================
This is "MultiAmp for Everyone" project,
Remember I already have "FIR and Full digital multi amp" only for me, by USB2.0-I2S, and 4 Channel Full digital.
=================

Linux:
If I can use Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 on Linux, I can switch to Linux. and If package software market sales on Linux is greater than Windows, I WILL switch to Linux :)

Panasonic SA-XR57

This has HDMI input and use TI "PurePath" all digital technology

41NNKD7CQWL._SS400_.jpg

It looks like a good poor man KoonsLabs system solution :D

I just need to find somebody from USA that can buy it from Amazon for $229.99 and send it to me. :(

Excellent work Koon! Is there a way to get this working so you could stream any audio source in? For instance, I have two sound cards. One soundcard takes any external audio - analog signal/digital signal, and sends an SPDIF signal to the second sound card. The second sound card applies realitime FIR crossover and channel delay to that incoming S/PDIF signal. So, in essence, I can listen to anything realtime - TV, sports, movies, and of course music., I just need to hook it up to the first sound card.

Hi tschanrm, actually I don't have full knowledge of multimedia streaming, but it will be convenient.

(1) Output stream : I don't have to keep huge 8 channel wave file.
(2) Input stream : selectable for stored WAV file, or external input.

I wonder there should be many "multimedia programmer" skilled than me but no contact or feedback yet.

Maybe stream handling will be difficult than file handling, but sometime I hope to study / implement....

Hi folks.

When it comes to routing flexibility Linux respectively ALSA lets you do quite some weired stuff:

http://alsa.opensrc.org/SurroundSound

The questions remains if I can address and send data over HDMI Tx ch0 to RX ch0, Tx ch1 to Rx ch1 asf. And on the Rx side map Rx0 to Amp0, RX1 to Amp1....

@Thomaseliot: There you can also read how to route from stereo .wav to multichannel.

Cheers

I uploaded test tone wave file, to make it easy to test your environment can play 8channel audio.
CH1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 = { 200, 400,600,800,1000,1200,1400,1600 Hz}

Playing in Loop mode, attaching single speaker to each speaker terminal of AV Amplifier.. easy to check 8 channel is played or not.

and source code to make this wave file is also available.

http://koonlab.com/MultiAmpForEveryone/FIR_HDMI_AVAMP.html

Perhaps an ideal solution would be

Audio app -> Jack -> Koon's FIR engine -> Jack -> HDMI out

Jack is available for Windows and OSX now as well as linux. I wonder if Koon's FIR engine is suitable for realtime processing of streams? Possibly it could be ported to Linux and OSX as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.