Pandora.com, anyone know what resolution they stream at?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I really like Pandora.com for learning about other music I may like. I seem to notice that the resolution isn't that great, even on computer speakers at work where I listen. Not sure I could ever listen to it on hi-fi.

Anyone know what resolution they stream at?

I did search their FAQ and didn't find anything.

Link to my panadora station....

http://www.pandora.com/?tc=e-001425-0035-1137&sc=sh176181018793477544

I've been streaming some rock tunes on Pandora all day while working from home...Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Queen, Aerosmith, Eagles, Journey, The Police, etc. The music is pretty damn convincing on my Frugelhorns and doesn't sound much different than my 320Kbps mp3s. I don't get any of the artifacts of poor encoding but on some tracks the imaging is a bit fuzzy. It is worlds better than listening to FM radio and it pulls up some great songs. There's something engaging about not knowing what it will play next. I haven't tried it with jazz or classical yet but maybe I'll try that on my next work-from-home day.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.