Real or fake PCM63? - Page 52 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th August 2008, 04:22 AM   #511
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by finneybear

"you can do 16/44 to 24/192 upsampling on your PC first with tools such as SSRC. ... Sure, if the DSP had extra power, you can build your own upsampling function in firmware as well. "
sure, maybe even room correction if someone goes that far. As far resampling goes, minimum phase processing can be interesting to try, there are even freeware progs to do that, there is a comparison page about the commercially available algos. Still I'd want the 8x at the end for various reasons, im pretty sure it can be squeezed into the blackfin.
I am interested very much bout the reclock circuit posted. Found the foreign thread already, looks like it can accept AES/EBU with transformer isolation ? Perfect, I'd want 2 and maybe one for my buddy, will let you know, please pm me.
Old 28th August 2008, 05:45 AM   #512
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PA0SU

The digital filter, oh yes, but you also need it in a NONOS-system! The subject of digital filters is very interresting. Henk ten Pierick (my best friend) c.s. are experimenting with a DDS-processor with their own algoritms......

Both, the PCM56 as the PCM63 do have a current output [of some 4 mA] and do not accept a voltage larger than a few mV at their outputs for linear operation. This means that the resistance at their outputs should be smaller than a few ohms.
This means that noise comes in sight when you do not use a special amp (like an LT1028) so why should you not use a very linear low noise op amp IV with zero ohm (< 1 ohm) input resistance? Try the OPA134.............

A NON Oversampling DAC does not have a digital filter.
Old 28th August 2008, 06:07 AM   #513
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by finneybear

My suggestion will be simply ditch this SPDIF thing. Check out this nice I2S solution. And yes, it is available now! Interested?
Sure! Just tell where we can find it...
Old 28th August 2008, 06:32 AM   #514
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nikola Krivorov
Sure! Just tell where we can find it...

Finney,

Do you have the connection to feverhifi?! I am trying for month to get 2 of THIS I2S parts + 4 of the SM5847 to DF1700 Adapters (the blue one). No answers from them, and I can't buy in Europe from Taobao.... Help!!!!!!!

IJ
Old 28th August 2008, 06:56 AM   #515
diyAudio Member

lets make a groupbuy thingy then, someone administer it )

well i have a lynx aes card i dont want to part with, so , even if i have to terminate the xlr into bnc , that circuit looks optimum
Old 28th August 2008, 10:43 AM   #516
PA0SU is offline PA0SU  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Entering diyAudio-forum, I knew I would not enter a university. Audio seems to be a religion, so I thought I entered a church but it seems to be a mosque...

Finneybear, You have no bloody idea where you are talking about. Is this the new gospel, or are you a false prophet? Have compassion with an old man who helped developing the CD-player in the early 80-s of the previous century within Philips.

In other words: you totally miss the essence of digital signal processing and digital to analog conversion.

To say it stronger: you are a twaddler, a gossipmonger or a blatherer. At you the choice.
It would not be so bad if you were alone but there seems to be a large group who believes your gospel. I do not argue any more. This is impossible in a non-scientific environment.........
Old 28th August 2008, 10:55 AM   #517
PA0SU is offline PA0SU  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by irgendjemand

......... 4 of the SM5847 to DF1700 Adapters (the blue one).
IJ

could I help you with SM5847 to SM5842 adapters?
Old 28th August 2008, 12:06 PM   #518
diyAudio Member

Paul,

Don't listen to Finney. His only point is to sell that gadget. Plus, shows all the traces of inexperience with such a digital pll solution. You know, I had been the first to signal the need for buffering the incoming data stream - in the other thread. The PMD100 was a good example [for me] to demonstrate the absolute necessity of it. But even without a buffer, I can get good audio for 10-20 seconds, before a synch error would happen! JUST TWO WORD of buffer is enough for all purposes - and it's included in all the crystal receivers!!! And in some of the digital filters.
If you would have doubts, look up the interventions of Gordon, while he was at it - at the beginning he was talking / thinking a lot about FiFo-s, just like Finney, then, once got the thing working, now just says the same - use the two word buffer of a receiver.. So clearly Finney did not try it yet..
So, just go ahead - keep up the good work!

Ciao, george

Ps.: Also, have another look at Jos 's boards - do You see FIFOs anywhere? Only a crystal receiver.. They are not needed, point. I don't need them, as well.
Old 28th August 2008, 01:30 PM   #519
spencer is offline spencer  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to spencer Send a message via Skype™ to spencer
Here is the link of the reclock assembly selling for RMB138 (about $18 usd). I do not understand why the price is even lower than a so call low jitter XO in US or Europe. Also I am sure that selling at this price will no way may the seller rich.

http://www.feverhifi.cn/viewthread.p...extra=page%3D1

If Audio is not religion, then the price of some poor performing gears will not be able to sell for tens or hunderds of thouands dollars!!! A good example is a cable which can sell few thousands dollars and it is totally "snake oil" to me.

This is human nature that they will say something goods about the stuff they buy, own or use. This is to justify he made the right decision. I am sure sometimes I do the same thing as I am a normal human being.

I think I am the only one in Asia but do not ask me to buy the reclock things.

Spencer
Old 28th August 2008, 01:39 PM   #520
diyAudio Member

maybe the price is like that cause it meant to be an extension of their DAC pcb. Personally, I wouldnt mind offering more, esp. if we go groupbuy style, such compensation issue can be sorted out easily.

Hide this!Advertise here!