SPDIF receiver with external clock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
peufeu said:

In order to slave your CDP you will need to transmit the clock. I suggest either fiber optics or differential lines. Optic transceivers will not handle 16 MHz though. Both allow you to separate the grounds. For differential you could use a very cheap Ethernet transformer from DigiKey since both clock and SPDIF are transformer-friendly). Coax isn't good for this because the shield needs to be grounded at both ends, or else it makes a very effective antenna, differential is much better. Ground the shield at one end only.

You can use bit clock instead of master clock to slave the CDP and multiply by four (at CDP) with this so common TOTX, TORX and fiber optics would suffice at those frequencies.

Ciao
Andrea

Cheers Jambo

That would be great, I'm only looking for a small number. I'm allowed to use the pcb etching and surface mount kit at work for personal project as long as I only make a few (aka not a commercial side line).

One small rinkle. I'm still a newb on this forum an hence cannot send emails to users yet, something to do with the number of posts I have made, any chance you could drop me an email and then we can sort something out.

What sort of price were you thinking for per chip?

Thanks again for all the help.

Cheers

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.