TDA1541 DEM reclocking

Antonio, I don't recommend using tantalum capacitors on the upmost two bits as seen on your photo. They are leaky, unreliable, sensitive to vibration, just to name a few of their issues. Just tap them with the handle of a screwdriver while playing, you will hear it yourself. You'd better use a conventional audio-grade electrolytic capacitor.
You're right...and I've already thought about replacing them the first time I disassemble the pcb again, but it's also true that they've also been used in the past by some famous brands and on players that sounded very good, so I wanted to try them.

It is not clear to me about the recommended DEM Fo by PHILIPS
Someone please reply?
1. Is Fdem of 176KHz is constant for each sample rate?
or could be different for 2x...8x oversampling rate?
2. In case of Time simultaneous when stopped BIT clock may be in operation, is the DEM F also should be constant running all of the time
or could it be stopped as BCK? Because I think that in th Philips datas DEM is given as for the I2S input and there is BCK running all of the time...
Thanks

HI Zoran
I immediately admit that I don't have the technical skills to be able to follow the discussions of the group....
I just drew the pcb, trying to put together the information I knew...but it seems that the board in not sure that will work.
I need to manage an i2s stream (lrck + bck + data) coming from multiple sources (cd transport/usb card) through rj45 connector.
I would like to push my one
tda1541 (I already know I should use simultaneous mode) at least up to 192khz 24bit.
Could someone then tell me how to get my target correctly?
Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to help me.
Antonio

Cześć! Zrobione już modowanie Grundig DEM i podoba mi się to.
Używaj mojego Daca również w starszych wersjach NOS przez jlsound i2s przez kartę USB.
Używam również Raspberry + Qobuz do streamowania mojej muzyki, ale pliki hi res nie odtwarzają się na tda1541.
Czy można użyć czegoś (np. upsamplera) lub coś prostego i przede wszystkim nie pogarszającego jakości dźwięku na liniach i2s, która biegnie od wyjścia jlsound do wejścia tda1541, co pozwala mi zainstalować też pliki hi-res?
Hello everyone. I'm also using a jlsound i2s to drive a TDA1541. I play music from the jRiver player with 352.8 kHz upsampling. Will the Grundig mod improve the sound and will it be safe for the TDA1541?

Last edited:
Hi Fabrice, yes I have built 3 types of i2s to PCM converters and they all work fine, but I prefer this one.
Miro DIY member gave me all the useful information, I adapted everything to my needs.

Attachments

• IMG_20231215_204021.jpg
    IMG_20231215_204021.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20231215_203841.jpg
    IMG_20231215_203841.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20231215_203848.jpg
    IMG_20231215_203848.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: 1 user