ESS Sabre Reference DAC (8-channel)

9039 is up and running now. It was a misstanke in registers.
I did use a basic setting for SPDIF (optical) and dac works perfect.
For now a more basic outputsstage without a servo that ESS has in the datasheet.
I use the same stage as in the 9038 with vref at 1.65v from avcc/2.

Thanks.

BR// Daniel

@Green77 do you remember what did you have to change in registers to get it working?

I have ES9039Pro in 8-channel mode using TDM input, slave and async. So quite a bit different configuration, but anything can help :) I have been shuffling the register bits couple of days now but no luck… I’m working on setup where I can change registers easier as well as read the status registers to get a hang of it. Now it has been just compiling the controller code over and over again if I want to change something, which has been quite tedious..

Datasheet mentions an app note for TDM configuration. Anyone seen it?

What should be the full scale output voltage with ES9039Pro with their recommended I/V stage? I got the DAC working now with 8 channel TDM signal coming from ADAU1462. The full scale output voltage I got is 7Vpp, which seems low to me considering the 900ohm FB resistors and the specified full scale current. First time working on a ESS DAC, so I'm not sure am I missing something... I'm mostly worried that the TDM format is still wrong and bits shifted or something...

I got first measurements done with E1DA ADC + APU notch and THD+N numbers looked good.