Behringer Ultracurve review

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Difficult question. Purist would probably prefer room adjustments. I think it is quite difficult to finetune these adjustments, so you get rather crude "corrections".

Digital adjustment should be more easy (at least for 1 listening spot, however you have plenty presets for different spots),

I try to do the low end adjustments ( < 200 Hz) with the Beringer (in digital domain) and the rest with carpets, curtains etc. Ofcourse unless you have a digital crossover the mid/high signal still passes the DSP.

If you prefer analog all the way I guess room adjustments is the best option (or very expensive analog equalizers).

Edit .and indeed as ergo noted it only levels the signal level and doesnt cancel reflections, etc.

Thanks for the answers.They 've been very useful for me.
I must say that I have a room dedicated to hi-fi (better fi) Audio equipment,and for a couple of months have been playing with diffrent kinds of diy (but very high quality) room treatments devices.After reading this thread I started to think that the Behringer might be a miracle cure ,and it would save me plenty of work with room acoustics regular way.But I suppose that kind of miracle won't happen.Now I know that I can invest the money I would spend on Behringer in building some good bass traps or other useful devices.
One more question:
What would You recommend for measuring room response?
Any DIY idea?
Bartek

setup

I have recently bought a DCX2496 to use as filter for a triamp system, Linkwitz Phoenix or Orion. And now im thinking about buying a Ultracurve (and the mic) to get automatic room correction. (i will program the element correction, as well as the filters on the DCX before i use the room correction on the Ultracurve).

Is this a good idea? If i use digital signal from the cd to the Ultracurve, and then digital to the DCX2496, then analog to a 6 channel balanced preamp, and at last to 6 aleph2 or 6 (balanced)gainclones.

Will the sound remain good when i use digital signal all the way to the D/A of the DCX? Or will the signal degrade for each "stage"?

I`m planning to buy one of these and incorporate it in my home cinema, somehow..
Can`t figure out the best way to do it.
Should I connect it to the tape monitor rca in/out, with a DI box to convert the -10dBu signal to +4dBu before and maybe after the equalizer? Have read that it does not give a good result using
just the line level signal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.