Other DCX2496 Software ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone come up with there own software to control the DCX2496??

I am buying one for Live sound use. I plan to control it with my laptop but the current software will not allow full screen. I was wondering if anyone has written there own or knows of something that works with it? i would like better metering and full screen function.

Thanks

Zc

You would think that with all the popularity of this unit that someone would have attempted to write there own control software for it!

I must say the software for it is pretty good already comparativly. I had looked at the DBX Drive Rack PA and Drive Rack 260 products and the software for those just sucks! the DCX was much easier to figure out and appeared much more advanced. I ended up buying the DCX simply because of all the buzz about it.

Has anyone seen the www.dcx2496.fr website and the site that sells the kits for this guy? I think i might buy the power supply & the re-clock kits and then DIY my own output boards as i want to keep the balanced outputs.

Zc

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Zero Cool said:
You would think that with all the popularity of this unit that someone would have attempted to write there own control software for it!

I must say the software for it is pretty good already comparativly. I had looked at the DBX Drive Rack PA and Drive Rack 260 products and the software for those just sucks! the DCX was much easier to figure out and appeared much more advanced. I ended up buying the DCX simply because of all the buzz about it.

Has anyone seen the www.dcx2496.fr website and the site that sells the kits for this guy? I think i might buy the power supply & the re-clock kits and then DIY my own output boards as i want to keep the balanced outputs.

Zc

Hi Zc,

If you are interested in setting the level of the outputs and offsett the individual channels and have it under remote control, you may be interested in
my project described here.

As for other control software, I know that all of the commands to control the DCX are well decumented. I don't have the required software expertise but writing a new control application under windows should not be too difficult for soemone who knows how to do these things.

Jan Didden

Hi Jan,

I have been reading your website and sent you a email. I am not looking to control the levels but your kit is very interesting. I was more interested to see if anyone has done any work to write there own versions of the control software. Maybe for specific applications etc.

As this box is a serially controlled box. i would imagine the commands must not be too complicated. With so many people building there own PSU, Output boards, clocks etc for this unit one would only assume some code warrior was writing software as well.

Zc

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Zero Cool said:
[snip] As this box is a serially controlled box. i would imagine the commands must not be too complicated. With so many people building there own PSU, Output boards, clocks etc for this unit one would only assume some code warrior was writing software as well.

Zc

Yes indeed. It only takes one guy to become interested...;)

Jan Didden

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.