• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

(2) CSS SDX 10" In a tapped horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is this a forum that the manufacturer comments on, or just DIYers ?

Reason i ask is, im trying to decide on a subwoofer system for my new room. The one sub is a tapped Horn design, the WolfHorn over at AVS, it uses (2) SDX 10's. I would like to get some thoughts on (2) 10's and what to expect

Last edited:
Hi,

I think the discussion on AVS is quite informative. ,One of the best small implementations we've done here is a 14" cube with a pair of SDX10 side firing (opposite sides) powered by a Powersoft 800 watt DSP plate amplifier.

There is a new shipment of drivers coming in soon and I'm contemplating a special price for pairs as that's how they come packaged.

Contact me or watch for announcements.

Bob

Hi,

I think the discussion on AVS is quite informative. ,One of the best small implementations we've done here is a 14" cube with a pair of SDX10 side firing (opposite sides) powered by a Powersoft 800 watt DSP plate amplifier.

There is a new shipment of drivers coming in soon and I'm contemplating a special price for pairs as that's how they come packaged.

Contact me or watch for announcements.

Bob

Hey Bob, i was wondering about your thoughts on the 10" SDX thats used in pairs in this thread Wolfhorn SDX Design Finished - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
My thought is using four of these in all the corners. My attempt is to reach a solid 120db at the LP so that when i do my usual listening around 85-90db the system has a limitless feel to it. IOW's headroom headroom headroom

Hi,

I haven't heard them but believe that OW did a great job. There is something special about horn loading like that. I'm sure someone can do the math as to how many you would need to achieve your goal.

As mentioned I'm looking at a special price on the SDX10 ($200 a pair?) for Christmas as the shipment should be here in early December.

Bob

Hi,

I haven't heard them but believe that OW did a great job. There is something special about horn loading like that. I'm sure someone can do the math as to how many you would need to achieve your goal.

As mentioned I'm looking at a special price on the SDX10 ($200 a pair?) for Christmas as the shipment should be here in early December.

Bob

That is a fantastic price, would you mind if i add that to the end of the thread incase anyone is interested over at AVS in using a pair ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.