IBL stuffing/lining recommendation - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > CSS
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CSS Creative Sound Solutions (CSS) is a service-oriented provider of high-value speaker components for the DIY loudspeaker builder

Old 11th November 2014, 04:59 PM   #1
toobhed is offline toobhed  United States
diyAudio Member

Default IBL stuffing/lining recommendation

Hi Folks,
I'm finally getting around to building the CCS IBL 2 way kit featuring the EL166 and the ERT26. Does anyone have a stuffing or lining recommendation? I've used both before and am looking for guidance here. Thanks,
Mario
Old 12th December 2014, 05:06 PM   #2
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Didn't Bob's specs include recommendations for that? I don't think you could go wrong with lining at least 3 of internal panels with the likes of 1/2" Ultratouch, and as the enclosure appears to be a straightforward BR, stuff "to taste" with Acousti-stuff etc.

I'm not a big fan of fibreglass , not because of sonics, but the itch factor. Funny, that - I'll work all day in a dusty shop, but if I forget to wear a mask, a little bit of fibre-glass or loose fibres from the denim will get me sneezing like crazy.
Old 12th December 2014, 10:34 PM   #3
toobhed is offline toobhed  United States
diyAudio Member

The kit from Bob may well have included stuffing/lining guidance. I got these quite some time ago and just last month dug them up from storage…didn't see instructions. I installed them on the suggested PE curved boxes that I scored on sale and ended up lining all but the front baffle with ultra touch.

They have great potential, but something is wrong with both crossovers as both tweeter is almost inaudible. For the time being I disconnected the tweeters from the crossovers and instead hooked up my stand-alone ERT's 1st order with a cap and resistor. I tried many permutations of the two and settled on one that sounds pretty good….but still unlikely as good as the original crossover can be….any suggestions?

Mario

Hide this!Advertise here!