Disassembling LD25X tweeters to try with waveguides? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > CSS

CSS Creative Sound Solutions (CSS) is a service-oriented provider of high-value speaker components for the DIY loudspeaker builder

Old 11th February 2014, 11:20 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to fishball79
Default Disassembling LD25X tweeters to try with waveguides?

Hi,

I have some LD25X tweeters that are assembled with the faceplates, how do i remove the faceplate so as to try them with Pellegrene's waveguides?
Old 11th February 2014, 04:06 PM   #2
jj is offline jj  Canada
diyAudio Member

The easiest way to disassemble the LD25X is to look for a groove between the tweeter motor and the faceplate. Sometimes this groove is covered in black cement. Take a slot screw driver and push it into this groove until it won't go further. Place faceplate face down at the edge of a desk or something that is sturdy, pressing down on faceplate, pry down and the motor should separate from the faceplate. Sometimes it takes a bit of pressure to make this happen. Sometimes only the one side will pop up, and then you would move the slot driver around the groove pressing down to release all areas of the motor from the faceplate. It sounds more complicated than it really is. Hope this helps. JJ
Old 12th February 2014, 02:02 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to fishball79
Thanks jj! It worked! It really much simpler than it sounded

Hide this!Advertise here!