New RT2 ribbon tweeter $100 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > CSS

CSS Creative Sound Solutions (CSS) is a service-oriented provider of high-value speaker components for the DIY loudspeaker builder

Old 6th December 2013, 03:16 PM   #1
CSS/XBL is offline CSS/XBL  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default New RT2 ribbon tweeter $100

We are pleased to release our latest ribbon tweeter, the RT2 pure ribbon tweeter. This is not a planar or a Heil type but a corrugated woven aluminium honeycomb element which is slightly lower in efficiency but more robust with lower distortion.

RT2S.jpg

The spec sheet RT2.pdf has dimensional and parameter details and also shows an alternative square face plate which is available, though in limited supply.
Old 9th December 2013, 04:01 AM   #2
RAW is offline RAW  Canada
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 20th December 2013, 01:45 AM   #3
Pallas is offline Pallas  Pakistan
diyAudio Member

Cool. I was wondering if someone in the US was going to pick up the ribbons Expolinear has been selling for a while.
Old 20th December 2013, 02:04 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I have been dealing with the Chinese factory for 11 years but haven't private labelled very many. Originally there were marketing restrictions using their name and I was limited to Canada.

Expolinear has a wide range of products including planars, etc. Since I subscribe to the two German DIY publications I follow a lot of what they are doing.
Old 21st December 2013, 04:52 PM   #5
Pallas is offline Pallas  Pakistan
diyAudio Member

I remember visiting Expolinear a few times when I was studying at the FU-Berlin (too) many years ago. Heard a lot of really neat stuff. Wish I had picked up some of those spiral planar supertweeters (Philips? ATD?) they were selling at the time, instead of the not-very-good rebadged HiVi's that for some reason I thought would be more fun to play with...

Now if only you could bring the Trio 8 back!

How do you pay for your K+T and HobbyHiFi subscriptions? I've wanted to subscribe to both for years, but American banks are so primitive (and neither K+T nor HobbyHiFi take PayPal or credit cards) that wire transfer seems to be the only viable method of payment. Even my "preferred" or "premium" or whatever checking account still charges fees that are significant relative to the cost of a magazine subscription for international wire transfers. (Incoming wire fees are waived, but not outgoing.)

I pick up both magazines when I'm in that part of the world (most recently, last October) but that's not often enough. I just found out K+T has an archive DVD of all their magazines from 2000-2012 for like 80USD. Of course, they don't take PayPal or credit cards, but one of their editors offered to serve as shipper and PayPal intermediary. Hopefully mine should be showing up soon...

Last edited by Pallas; 21st December 2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 21st December 2013, 06:43 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I have a friend (former dealer) who does my subscriptions for me and I pay him in Euros via Paypal.

Send me an email via the CSS website and I'll put you in touch with him. No guarantee that he will do it but you can try.

Hide this!Advertise here!