• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

NEW Speaker kits HT series starting at $429.00

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

After some time I have been doing some new designs for CSS. These HT designs are required cabinet skills to build these speaker kit.The designs use a 7" width baffle which has lots of benefits to the narrow width for dispersion.Plus we have used a NEW RT2 ribbon tweeter.For those who have not seen these designs before, I will say they are my old designs.I have used the more current VWR mid ,new ribbon RT2 and a new low distortion 7" woofer in the designs.Google RAW Acoustics HT2,HT2i and HT3 and HT3i.All of the reviews reflect the info you will soon be seeing once these kits get out to customers.Cabinet plans are all done for these below HT2Vi MTM plus the HT3Vi MT with a single side firing woofer.

For those customers formerly of RAW acoustics who built cabinets for the HT3 or HT3i I can say the only change for the new drivers to fit is a little larger woofer hole a simple cut with a rabbit bit can cut that larger. With a few small changes in the crossover the HT3Vi kit is a drop in. :whistling:

As I expected this past DIY event the HT3Vi was a HIT:yikes:

Tuning on the HT2Vi is the same 60hz slot ported 95hz sealed
Tuning for the HT3Vi is the same 28hz slot ported or you can use a 2" PVC port if you wish to not build the slot port.

HT2Vi with 2 VWR126X and CSS RT2 ribbon tweeter $429.00
HT2Vi MLTL with 2 VWR126X and RT2 ribbon tweeter $429.00
HT3Vi with 1 VWR126X, RT2 and side firing LDW7 $649.00

Upgrades will be available for all the kits which will come in the following month.

Again I will start new threads for each of the models for those to talk about the kits in those threads

Al, it was great to finally meet you and see the new product. Thanks for putting in the crazy hours to get these ready for the show! There's some nice sounding new kits available.

This HT3Vi was my fav of the show although that Motus 9" made my blood boil!

David

Ah, sounds good. I am sure there will be people eager to hear a replacement to the SDX7!

Kyle

The new woofer is not a replacement for the SDX7. The new woofer is NOT XBL^2 motor, rather the new woofer has another style of motor which is low distortion with similar performance to the SDX7.

Works great so far in the 2 3ways I have used the new woofer in.I have a few other 3 way and a 4 way which will use the same woofer as well.

Al

I Really want to know more about the TL speakers ( we will call them the "Velvet Revolvers" ) that Al was showing at the Fraser Valley Audio Fair.
Those speakers sounded fantastic!

More work on those yet :p
With all the work on those 3way TL you are refering to ;) the above mentioned speaker is in the works.This 3 way is a single fold TL tuned to 26hz using the Motus woofer then the VWR driver as the mid range matched with the NEW LD22C tweeter.With the OPTION to use the NEW RT2 ribbon tweeter for those wanting to have the dome or ribbon this will be a option.

All in time all in time. First I have to finish off all the documentation for the HT series above then start on the HT8Vi...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.