• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Fraser Valley Vintage Audio Fair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks!

There will be an audio fair and swap meet at the Cultus Lake Community Hall, 4220 Columbia Valley Highway, Cultus Lake, BC on Sunday, September 29th from 10AM to 4 PM.

The focus will be on good DIY and commercial gear, vinyl, CD's, speakers parts and cables.

If you are bringing gear as a user, we would like to know as we need to coordinate efforts to keep things tidy and not an acoustic mess with several systems playing at once.

There will be one showcase area where you can choose an amplifier, preamp, speakers, etc. If you have music on CD or vinyl, you may bring it.

Admission is free (but feel free to donate).

Pics of the hall can be found here:
Facilities

There are accommodations for out of town folk in the form of local hotels, motels and cabins.

Coffee and tea will be provided by donation and we're working on getting a food cart to attend.

More info to come as available.

Questions and/or vendor inquiries can be sent to:
info@classicsound.ca
or
classicvalve@gmail.com

Cheers!

Last edited:
It's pretty easy to find, folks.

Follow the signs to Cultus Lake and the community hall will be on your left hand side.

If you cross the bridge and find yourself in a roundabout (traffic circle), you've gone too far. Just go right around the roundabout and head back. The sign will be obvious.

Just to update on the food, it will be basics, BBQ hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. No crab cakes or pate du foie gras on saffron crackers ;)

Cheers!

For those coming we will have a special guest Dr David Hyre coming. His back ground is very large in our speaker industry. Let's put it this way he has a lot to do with XBL^2 motor technologies.....

Look forward to seeing him its been a few years since we last spoke..

It was a great day with so many people there at times you had to go out to change/clear your mind (or get a burger or sausage). Special thanks to Karl and Gregg for all there setup and organization, to Mark Fenlon for his talk and to Al for the many hours of preparation, testing, etc. for the new speaker kits some of which will be available shortly.

Also special thanks to Mark Audio, Parts Express, Solen, Meniscus, Madisound and Classic Valve for their contributions to the raffle. If you won we'd appreciate feedback on how you use your prize.

Looking forward to next time, likely in a larger venue.

Appreciated meeting some customers face to face for the first time and trust that what we presented will be of interest and lead to sales.

Wow, that was fun Bob! Thanks for putting that on. The high turnout shows where this can go in the future. It was good to see you and Jim, meet Al, Cal, and hear Mark Fenlon speak. And hear some new kits.

And since my wife won so many NS3's, I guess I have to do a line array now. The funny thing is, I've been tossing around the idea of getting a case of those all summer, even have a couple plans picked out.

Next time I'll get my dates right and not come a day early, I did more mall window shopping saturday than I have in 5yrs.

David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.