• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

WR125STR/ERT26 AlegriaAudio TMM ML-TL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally finished the "Alegria's" designed by Tim Forman. It's drivers are the CSS WR125SRT mid woofers and the CSS ERT26 tweeters (used instead of the FostexFT207D tweeters that the design calls for).

The 16R 125s are driven full range and wired in parallel for an 8R load and the tweeter is wired with a 3R resister in series with a 1.0uf capacitor.

Existing wood pieces from past projects were used for the cabinets: Baffle/tops/bottoms were high quality 15ply 3/4" Latvian birch. The sides were poor quality, prefinished HomeDepot 3/4" 5ply maple. In retrospect I should have listened to my woodshop instructor who suggesting burning the prefinished crap, but waste not want not I used it anyway...with lots of filling putty. The front baffles and tops are veneered in rosewood.

They sound outstanding! The drivers had about 150hrs of break-in before using and I'm impressed with both the detail and punchiness of the 125s in these cabs....they crank convincingly and go much lower than I expected. I may decide to go with a higher resistor value for the tweeter after many more hours but the jury is still out on this one.

Thanks to Bob at CSS for the great bargain/value of the drivers, Tim Forman for the design and Dave at P10 for making the plans available online.

Mario

Attachments

• P8310378.jpg
    P8310378.jpg
    666.9 KB · Views: 535
  • P8310379.jpg
    P8310379.jpg
    656.6 KB · Views: 506
  • P8310383.jpg
    P8310383.jpg
    666.3 KB · Views: 479
  • P8310388.jpg
    P8310388.jpg
    665.2 KB · Views: 489
Mario,

Those look great. I haven't connected with Tim for a long time but just did so on LinkedIn. Thought he was moving to the Philippines.

The WR125STR is featured in our range of WR.30 kits and I will not be reordering them. Dr Jim Griffin did an ML-TL cabinet design for me and some of that will appear in a new V2-ML-TL perhaps in late October. The ERT26 is EOL and Mark Fenlon doesn't plan to do any more either.

Later
Bob

The WR.30 series of kits are still available and there are details with the links on the home page.

The new V and HT series are also ready for launch and will start to become available later this month. These use the new LD22C and RT2 tweeters as well as the VWR126X and the new LDW7 woofer.

We are giving away some product at the Iowa DIY event tomorrow. This inclides the V2 kit and the 2 versions of the LD22 tweeter.

Wish I could be there.

Bob

As Bob says, CSS sells the kits for the WR125ST which include drivers, hardware, plans and crossover parts. They also include the speaker's front baffle that is pre-routed and rebated for the drivers....just add the box and you're set.

The particular speakers I built are the "Alegria" design. Those plans are available on the frugalphile website Frugal-phile DIY Audio Community Site

Go for it and build some!

Mario

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.