• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

SDX10 + SEAS triamp build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
these guys sound great
SDX10 + seas

yriwzb3.jpg

SDX gets approx 200W from emotiva UPA200

the other speakers get 80W each from UPA500

center and rears provided during movies by reciever and some little polks

crossover is by miniDSP

I have heard things on a tune i made in 1999 which i have never heard despite listening on a lot of systems. a MIDI note is stuck at the beginning of the tune.

The SDX10 are in sealed enclosures the recommended size. I have a bit of a boost below the resonant frequency, and the bass is amazing. It goes as deep or deeper than the sub I had before but sounds much more integrated with the mids and tweeters. I have tried a few different crossover frequencies, and I have it at 147hz with a 24db FIR filter, so far that's what sounds best to me, but there are a lot of combinations to try.

The miniDSP is really easy to use and nice because you don't have to buy expensive capacitors and inductors every time you want to try different EQ or crossover or add some EQ. You program it via USB from a computer, but the computer does not need to be on for it to work. Some people might be too good for its DAC though I haven't really noticed it as sounding like anything, and it's certainly better than the one on any motherboard.

I'm going to redo my REQ because I moved some furniture. Ill post the graph after that.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.