• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Introduction: "Building Loudspeakers" for dummies (as myselv)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Buulding my own diy loudspeakers is a dream I will try to fulfill. The problem is: how:confused: and with what:confused: So I need a concise dummies:p guide. And some list over manufacturers of loudspeaker elements.

I know approximately what I want:rolleyes: I know what equipment (mine) they will be used in connection with:eek: I know what kind of loudspeakers I like. And what frequency area they must cover.

So I would be happy if I could get some help:cannotbe:

ohlala

Not sure anything like a "concise dummies guide" exists, but by spending a little time perusing boards like this one or Parts Express Tech Talk, Home Theater Shack, HT Guide Forum etc. can give you an idea what others are building and designing.

There are sites where designers document their work in a format that encourages others to build them such as Zaph Audio, MurphyBlaster Productions, Humble Homemade Hifi, Lou's Speaker site etc.

Retail outlets such as Creative Sound Solutions, Solen, Parts Express, Madisound etc. have kits ready to build.

You seem to know what you want so it's just a question of looking around to see if anything grabs you and start building. Hope this helps and good luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.