• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

APR12 Mms - accurate?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is the quoted unloaded Mms of the APR12 (72g) accurate? What's the tolerance there?

I have a model for an interesting filler sub design for a multisub system. It uses a Peerless XLS12 in a teeny tiny 4th order bandpass cabinet: 12L for the closed side, 6L for the resonant side.

It gets some pretty fantastic numbers: F3's of 30 and 130Hz, AND models at ≥105dB down to 30Hz on 400W without breaking xmax. Near ideal numbers for a "Broadband" sub in a Geddes-style multisub system.

While I've wanted to build it for a while, I've been sidelined by the fact that it seemed I'd need a custom PR. But I happened to see the APR12 in looking at PR's for another potential project (push-pull JBL for Revel SUB1500's, with two PR's, for 106dB from 16Hz up and 110dB from 25Hz up on 1kW.), and saw that with the base Mms the APR12 *just* works and seems to have plenty of throw. Any thoughts on using them in such a sub?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.