New Drivers: VWR126X and LD25X - Page 9 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > CSS

CSS Creative Sound Solutions (CSS) is a service-oriented provider of high-value speaker components for the DIY loudspeaker builder

Old 30th May 2012, 02:47 AM   #81
diyAudio Member

I could try and come up with an 1800hz xo for the tweet. But it's natural xo point is 1200hz (if active 1st order). Once you have them ready the tweaking can begin
Old 30th May 2012, 03:15 AM   #82
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

PS: both the mics i quickly found cal for have 90 degrees.

dave
Old 31st May 2012, 12:52 PM   #83
Henkjan is offline Henkjan  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkjan View Post
teaser: Click the image to open in full size.
A brief update on this: the prototype (see photo) is playing in my livingroom now, and I am impressed. it plays every type of music with such ease, at low or high volume. It is actually dangerously good, clean and crisp at rediculously high volumes...

I am still tweaking the filter, but expect to "be there" after the weekend. I hope to find some time to start a thread on this design next week (must drag my self away from the music)

Trio met test filter _.jpg
Old 31st May 2012, 07:58 PM   #84
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkjan View Post
music with such ease, <snip> clean and crisp
Exactly. Now I'm dying to here the VWR. The tweeter is so natural. It's detailed, but not the kind of artificial detail that so many tweeters have. It doesn't call attention to itself. It just does what it's supposed to do, without missing anything, but nothing more.
Old 31st May 2012, 09:19 PM   #85
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic View Post
Exactly. Now I'm dying to here the VWR. The tweeter is so natural. It's detailed, but not the kind of artificial detail that so many tweeters have. It doesn't call attention to itself. It just does what it's supposed to do, without missing anything, but nothing more.

hey now, that can't be any fun - nothing to bitch about other than how to justify building more projects in which to use them, or finding woofers that disappear seamlessly with the VWR/Tweet combination
Old 31st May 2012, 10:04 PM   #86
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
hey now, that can't be any fun - nothing to bitch about other than how to justify building more projects in which to use them, or finding woofers that disappear seamlessly with the VWR/Tweet combination
good then that the SDX10 is such a macho woofer
Old 31st May 2012, 10:21 PM   #87
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
other than how to justify building more projects in which to use them,
You have tons of time to build new projects. Your list is getting a little to short... no?
Old 1st June 2012, 09:45 PM   #88
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic View Post
You have tons of time to build new projects. Your list is getting a little to short... no?

affirmative to the negative - way much plenty already on the docket not likely to get finished in the next 12 weeks, including listening to already completed projects sitting in Dave's living room
Old 16th June 2012, 08:20 PM   #89
diyAudio Member

I've given my 3way it's own tread:
all CSS heavyweight compact 3way
Old 20th June 2012, 02:50 AM   #90
RAW is offline RAW  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
The original goal that i proposed when Ryan took these away was to see if we could get them to match-up with the natural roll-off of a treated SDX7. The red curve. The tweeter with wave-guide goes so low we might have to choke back the top of the SDX7 a bit. Might well work in conjunction with flattening the top of its range.

Click the image to open in full size.

dave
Boy that measurement of the SDX7 treated looks very familiar

Hide this!Advertise here!