• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New Drivers: VWR126X and LD25X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
teaser:
277944d1334787183t-new-drivers-vwr126x-ld25x-trio-css-zonder-bracing-met-sdx10-los-er-naast.jpg

A brief update on this: the prototype (see photo) is playing in my livingroom now, and I am impressed. it plays every type of music with such ease, at low or high volume. It is actually dangerously good, clean and crisp at rediculously high volumes...

I am still tweaking the filter, but expect to "be there" after the weekend. I hope to find some time to start a thread on this design next week (must drag my self away from the music)

Trio met test filter _.jpg

Exactly. Now I'm dying to here the VWR. The tweeter is so natural. It's detailed, but not the kind of artificial detail that so many tweeters have. It doesn't call attention to itself. It just does what it's supposed to do, without missing anything, but nothing more.

hey now, that can't be any fun - nothing to bitch about other than how to justify building more projects in which to use them, or finding woofers that disappear seamlessly with the VWR/Tweet combination

The original goal that i proposed when Ryan took these away was to see if we could get them to match-up with the natural roll-off of a treated SDX7. The red curve. The tweeter with wave-guide goes so low we might have to choke back the top of the SDX7 a bit. Might well work in conjunction with flattening the top of its range.

attachment.php

dave

Boy that measurement of the SDX7 treated looks very familiar ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.