• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New Drivers: VWR126X and LD25X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
it's finally finnished:

Trio - af.jpg

the short version: the best speakers I have built or owned. period.

the long version: this thing does it all: imaging at least as good as a good full range (singers are as real as if they are in the room), deep and punchy bass (drums are alive), powerfull sound, clean also at very high levels (no fatique at all), revealing every detail in the music but also every shortcoming in the rest of the chain (these are the reason I built an Hypex ncore amp and I am goint to upgrade my DAC to a Sabre).

Hi,

Both the VWR126X (Very Wide Range) and LD25X (Low Distortion silk dome) production samples by air arrived this week. We will be posting data, pictures, etc. shortly and finalizing the introductory special pricing. The sea shipments will arrive in early January.

The following kit designs are in progress:

Simple ported MT in .25 cu ft with VWR125X running full/direct and the LD25X padded and rolled off with a single cap.

In wall MTM including centre.

In wall MTMMM and MMTMM centre.

Ported MTM in 14 litre (.5 cu ft)

Backloaded horn with 4 VWR126X per side and either a horn loaded planar or a ribbon tweeter.

A series of Fonken style designs from Dave Dlugos where we may ask for some naming help. See Dave's post on nomenclature.

Bob
@CSS/XBL Bob & Mark, I'm curious as to your overall experience of running the 4x VWR126x + Horn Tweeter in the back loaded horn design. Seen the pictures but not much was discussed about it.

Have you had a chance to do any comparissons with the Jeff B. Tritons or Jim Griffin MLTL?

The idea I had come up with while researching Quarter Wave/MathCad/PMC/Fostex/Lowther Horns, and T-Lines, was done very similarly on the Frugal Horn website as a Spawn Style Split horn enclosure. One of the new Ribbon tweeters in the middle, and a split upper/lower horn with dual VWR's.

Seeing the VWR's in a horn peaked my interest, not to mention the accolades on imaging & midrange clarity these woofers received in various configurations! Hopefully all went well with it!

Cheers from Timmins!

Hi,

I never got to hear the 4 plus horn and that design is no longer available as Mark had another customer.

We continue to experiment with ML-TL designs and I have some prototype/test cabinets here for 2 VWRs and the RT2, 2 VWRs and the LD22C, 1 LDW7 and the RT2 and 2 LDW7s and the RT2.

Some of drawings have been posted and there will be more as we get to it.

Thanks for your interest.

Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.