• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Couple of questions about CSS products

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just had a couple of questions about css products:

1.) Are there are plans to upgrade the SDX10 to MK2 status?

3.) I understand that the EL70 is 4 ohm. Would using a single driver for each speaker present any issues in being able to drive them from a basic surround receiver? How much power would be needed?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Not at this time; we are considering a lower cost TRIO10 with pretty much identical performance. The market for 10" subs is not that large.

Bob

Thanks for the response.

On another note, I'm planning a 5.1 system with either the CSS EL70 or Mark Audio CHR70 (1 driver per speaker) for a small room. I was thinking the SDX10 might be a good match but would it be worthwhile going to 12" or 15", or would this be overkill?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.