• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

MT 27 Speaker & Kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What happened to the MT 27 speakers & kits?

I was just planning on getting these to serve as the starting point to my home theater (main L & R) when I noticed that they have disappeared from both the CSS website as well as Occam Audio's site. Is there any reason they are gone?

What happened to the MT 27 speakers & kits?

I was just planning on getting these to serve as the starting point to my home theater (main L & R) when I noticed that they have disappeared from both the CSS website as well as Occam Audio's site. Is there any reason they are gone?

Hi,

The reason they have been removed is the uncertainty of the Alpair5's future. Because the driver uses ferrofluid Mark is concerned about future European environmental requirements (REACH). Various options are being considered. I have a few Alpair5s left but there is no time frame for a successor.

Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.