XBL^2 vs. XBL - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > CSS

CSS Creative Sound Solutions (CSS) is a service-oriented provider of high-value speaker components for the DIY loudspeaker builder

Old 12th October 2009, 05:43 PM   #1
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Default XBL^2 vs. XBL

Looking over the site, I see different nomenclature used with different drivers, and some logical disconnects.

The Trio12 for example lists an XBL motor. Most of the time we see XBL^2. And the SDX12 doesn't list any XBL variant.

Are there more than one version of this structure in use? Which drivers are using which versions?

BTW, the Trio8 looks like a spectacular driver.
Old 13th October 2009, 01:17 AM   #2
CSS/XBL is offline CSS/XBL  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman View Post
Looking over the site, I see different nomenclature used with different drivers, and some logical disconnects.

The Trio12 for example lists an XBL motor. Most of the time we see XBL^2. And the SDX12 doesn't list any XBL variant.

Are there more than one version of this structure in use? Which drivers are using which versions?

BTW, the Trio8 looks like a spectacular driver.
Hi,

The original TM was XBL^2 but now it's usually just XBL and this is OK with Dan Wiggins who owns the patent. The SD12 does not have that type of motor but the SDX12 will when it goes into production at the end of the year. All TRIO drivers have it as do the FR/WR drivers and any that have the X in the name.

Bob
Old 13th October 2009, 02:02 AM   #3
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Aha!

Got it, thanks for the clarification!
Old 5th December 2009, 05:44 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSS/XBL View Post
The SD12 does not have that type of motor but the SDX12 will when it goes into production at the end of the year.
Interesting. I emailed you guys (sorry I forget exactly who replied) some months ago and asked about an SDX12 and was told there were no plans for one. I'll watch with interest.

EDIT: any price indication? Or preliminary T/S?

Last edited by Brett; 5th December 2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 5th December 2009, 06:00 PM   #5
CSS/XBL is offline CSS/XBL  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Interesting. I emailed you guys (sorry I forget exactly who replied) some months ago and asked about an SDX12 and was told there were no plans for one. I'll watch with interest.

EDIT: any price indication? Or preliminary T/S?
Hi,

We have a prototype but have decided that we will not bring this to market at this time. The next driver should be the TRIO15 or perhaps a budget tweeter.

Bob

Hide this!Advertise here!