New Product: Acoustic Insulation - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > CSS

CSS Creative Sound Solutions (CSS) is a service-oriented provider of high-value speaker components for the DIY loudspeaker builder

Old 27th August 2009, 10:41 PM   #1
CSS/XBL is offline CSS/XBL  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default New Product: Acoustic Insulation

We now have stock of the UltraTouch insulation which is also used in thicker (3.5" to 8") varieties for home insulation. This is a 4 sq ft (12 3/8" X 47") bundle of 1/2" denim acoustic insulation which is 85% recyled blue jean cotton fibre. A spray contact cement or equivalent works when applied to the inside of speaker cabinets. A cotton backing layer can easily be removed if desireable. If you are ordering other product a custom shipping quote may apply. Please email.

UltraTouch Insulation

Bob
Old 2nd September 2009, 07:57 PM   #2
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Looks like good stuff. I have a bunch of the full insulation stuff, but may order some of your thinner material for other apps.
Old 4th September 2009, 06:03 AM   #3
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

We got a bundle of the 3.5" stuff, it is good, but for the speakers we build limited application.

I bought 1/2 of Bob's initial stock of the skinny stuff, we are using it in builds now. Really nice to not have to go scrounging anymore.

dave
Old 4th September 2009, 02:39 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I need to get some of this for sure. I use polyfill and shun fiberglass (even though it's better) just because it's such a nasty material. I'd much rather use something made from recycled jeans and cotton!
Old 19th November 2009, 10:00 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Is this the same as: http://www.bondedlogic.com/ultratouch-cotton.htm for us in the States. Also how do you achieve a 1/2" sheet, is it just split from thicker sheets, as you mention 3.5" to 8" widths available, just like Bonded Logic's Ultra-Touch Insulation.
Old 19th November 2009, 10:26 PM   #6
CSS/XBL is offline CSS/XBL  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpowere36m3 View Post
Is this the same as: http://www.bondedlogic.com/ultratouch-cotton.htm for us in the States. Also how do you achieve a 1/2" sheet, is it just split from thicker sheets, as you mention 3.5" to 8" widths available, just like Bonded Logic's Ultra-Touch Insulation.
Hi,

Yes it is Bonded Logic; their Canadian reseller happens to be in my town and they had the rolls of 1/2" which is what I bought. I don't know if this is available in the US but there was more available here when I bought last.

Bob
Old 7th December 2012, 04:35 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Use in BIB boxes?

Hi - is the 1/2" cotton good for lining the inside of BIB (bigger is better) boxes? I've been using fibreglass and / or mineral wool, but I'd like to try letting the cabinet "breathe" more and just lining some of the faces inside the cabinet with a thinner insulation. The 1/2" cotton seems like a good way to go?

Also, if any of you have experience with this insulation and possibly use in BIB, please let me know if you have any advice on where in the cabinet to insulate. Thanks.

Hide this!Advertise here!