Enclosure help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I am trying to find information on how to build the perfect enclosure for two VISATON FR10-4ohm drivers. I am planning to build a bluetooth speaker with TDA7492P amp. As you figured out already i am a newbie trying to learn. Any link to designs or previous builds would be awesome. Thank you !

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
..the perfect enclosure for two VISATON FR10-4ohm drivers. ...

There's no "perfect" enclosure.

You can get a lot of lower midbass boom with less than 1 liter (per driver). A cube hardly bigger than the driver.

You can get -5dB at 90Hz with an infinite box; but that may be too large.

My rule-of-thumb is to multiply the advertised diameter by 1.2. This gives 5"x5"x5" or 125ci or 2 liters. Working the numbers, resonance is 136Hz and Q= 0.8, for about -2dB@136Hz and declining slowly for another half-octave.

Making the box 2X or 4X the volume and porting it may bring 90Hz up near-level. An electronic EQ could bump-up 70Hz and also sharp-cut below 60Hz to reduce slap. But all this gets tricky for beginners.

I suggest you build a convenient size box, 2 to 4 liters. Use pre-finished shelf boards or other convenient material. There's no wrong answer. A small box with real boom can be as as satisfying as an awkward large box with deep but faint bass.

Thank you for your response PRR, i was thinking something a little bit more easy for me, directly a sketch with metric numbers :)), also having trouble understanding how the enclosure would look inside, the outside should look like the attachment. Also, it should be sealed right ?

new-retro-wood-10w-wireless-bluetooth-speaker.jpg

I obtained good results from a pair of similar drivers in a sealed cabinet of the following dimensions:

11" wide x 5" high x 4.5" deep - Note, these are the internal dimensions.

The internal volume is 247.5 cu in or 4 litres.

I used 1/2" thick MDF in the construction.

Cutting Plan (1/2 inch MDF)::

2 pieces 12" by 6" for the full size front & back.
2 pieces 12" by 4.5" for the inset top and bottom.
2 pieces 5" by 4.5" for the two sides (inset into the four other pieces).

If you follow the above then the outer dimensions will be 12" wide x 6" high x 5.5" deep.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.