Wiring for both Passive and Active X-over

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm just about getting to the wiring on my Statement ii speaker build. I have the components for the passive crossover and I have most of it built already. I also have a MiniDSP 2x8 that I would like to incorporate to try out an active X-over setup.

Please excuse my crude MS paint drawing, but this is more or less what I had in mind to keep things super simple. Basically the bottom 3 terminals are direct, always connected active crossover connections and the top are bi-wire/bi-amp H+M/W passive connections and a DPST toggle to break the connection to the passive X-over and speakers when I am using the active setup.

Does anyone see a better way to do this? I am trying to keep it very simple, I don't want to incorporate power, relays, or anything more than absolutely necessary. Does anyone see any problems with this, any effect on sound quality, or the like? I may need two toggle switches or more poles, I need to put this circuit together in my head a little better, but does the gist seem okay?

I appreciate the input.

Attachments

• Active_pass.jpg
    Active_pass.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
I'm currently planning a build of speakers and had the same kind of question so what I will be doing is an alternative way of thinking ... I prepare my speakers with clamps for active crossover, the passive crossovers I ordered will be placed in an external casing :)

If I ever want to go fully active I just wire to each amp currently I run old Marantz amps and use my external passive crossovers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.