Put Some Meat on those Bones

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got an idea for a sort of fun amplifier build thread, Put Some Meat on those Bones. It starts with a bare bones complimentary BJT analog audio range amp.
Then contributors submit improvements to improve the amp as it goes for a fun and learning experience. I know it looks like a cheat to get someone to design an amp for me but no there are already plenty of such amps floating around.
Both spinoffs and mods maybe ok but it could get gnarly unless it grows as it goes. It could start as a quick easy build, and grow layers of sophistication to modify the base level amp when convenient to the builder.

I was thinking a 50 or 100 watt mono channel. But that power transformer is going to be a punch in the pocket.

Last edited:
It could be built as mother board style with each section made as a plug-in. Then to upgrade as it goes, make each section up, then replace the lower grade board with the upgrade. That way it can be used as it is improved and easily returned to the stable previous versions if problems with the mods appear.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.