Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Construction Tips Construction techniques and tips

Put Some Meat on those Bones
Put Some Meat on those Bones
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th January 2018, 11:09 AM   #1
Wavewhipper is offline Wavewhipper  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Put Some Meat on those Bones

I got an idea for a sort of fun amplifier build thread, Put Some Meat on those Bones. It starts with a bare bones complimentary BJT analog audio range amp.
Then contributors submit improvements to improve the amp as it goes for a fun and learning experience. I know it looks like a cheat to get someone to design an amp for me but no there are already plenty of such amps floating around.
Both spinoffs and mods maybe ok but it could get gnarly unless it grows as it goes. It could start as a quick easy build, and grow layers of sophistication to modify the base level amp when convenient to the builder.

I was thinking a 50 or 100 watt mono channel. But that power transformer is going to be a punch in the pocket.

Last edited by Wavewhipper; 6th January 2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 6th January 2018, 11:24 AM   #2
Wavewhipper is offline Wavewhipper  United States
diyAudio Member

It could be built as mother board style with each section made as a plug-in. Then to upgrade as it goes, make each section up, then replace the lower grade board with the upgrade. That way it can be used as it is improved and easily returned to the stable previous versions if problems with the mods appear.

Put Some Meat on those BonesHide this!Advertise here!