White letters under a red display cover?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello gents,

Could somebody suggest the proper material for an LCD/OLED display cover?

I'm fooling around with a case for a semi-DIY DAC, and cannot figure out what the big companies use in their front panels. Under a strong beam of light, all the factory-made plastic display covers I have at hand reveal a distinct red tint suggesting a piece of dark red plexiglass on top of an LCD panel. Nevertheless, the letters and numbers in the factory-made displays are displayed in clean, rather coolish white. How does it work?

I played with a sheet of dark red plexi on top of different light sources, but inevitably, the result is that I get nice looking red lettering as a result - no matter what the colour of the source is.

Since my primary job is related more to colour than to sound, I'm getting quite curious to grasp how a white-blueish lettering can be transmitted through a dark red filter. Any suggestions are most welcome, as usual.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.