Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Construction Tips Construction techniques and tips

Old radio -> bluetooth speaker
Old radio -> bluetooth speaker
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th October 2017, 09:44 AM   #11
josi94 is offline josi94  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk 182 View Post
those measurements are total including frame? sounds like a 6x9 speaker, have you looked at car audio speakers? most of those would not require a sealed cabinet.
the one your planning for dad what size and shape are the speakers?
Thanks alot for the tip, suddenly it became alot easier to find drivers! When you say «would not require a sealed cabinet» will the sound quality be better if i Seal it or would it just be a waste of time?

Also i found these drivers, anyone got a experience or tip of witch i should buy?
http://bassbrothers.no/bilstereo/bil...5C%22%22%5D%7D

(Its in Norwegian, but the specs and the important stuff is readable)
Old 16th October 2017, 11:45 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

And i dont know the dimentions on the one im planing for my dad yet since i have not opent it yet.
Old 16th October 2017, 12:18 PM   #13
turk 182 is offline turk 182  Canada
diyAudio Member

sorry not sure what your looking at as the link puts me on a page with several different drivers and i'm not sure what your looking at.
the Q of most car audio drivers is what allows them to produce bass in a non sealed enclosure(car doors and trunks are vented if they weren't your ears would hurt every time you shut the door) so sealing the cab would be an exercise in wasting time.
aperiodic enclosures or lossy sealed is what your after.
Old 16th October 2017, 02:50 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Thanks again! I was wondering witch one of the sevral options i should pick, but i think i settled with these:
Ground Zero GZRF 69AL - Bass Brothers

Now i need some help geting an amp for these, here i have really no clue what to get. I won't just go to ebay and get a random amp cause i have no idea what to look after. Could someone link me e decent amp? bluetooth integrated into the amp would be nice but are not a must.

Old radio -> bluetooth speakerHide this!Advertise here!