Cannon TLS Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently received pair of vintage Cannon TLS Home Cinema speakers for free. One was pretty beat up. The other, however, was in pretty good condition. So I got to thinking about it and wondered. Could I make it a single plug, all in one unit? Could it have an internal music server?

Looking at the RPi3 & HiFiBerry, I saw possibilities. HiFiBerry DAC+ - high quality 192kHz/24bit audio output for the Raspberry Pi | HiFiBerry

But I quickly realized my knowledge of audio begins and ends with 16 year old me putting subs in cars. I know I'll need a crossover & amplifier, not sure in which order. inline>crossover>3amps or inline>amp>crossover. So If anyone can point me to information that might help me with this project.

I'm currently looking at these for speaker replacements.
Dayton Audio DC300-8 12" Classic Woofer
Tang Band W5-2143 5" Paper Cone Full Range Driver 8 Ohm
Goldwood GT-1025 3" x 7" Wide Dispersion Piezo Horn Mid/Tweeter

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I had Cannon TLS speakers, and spent some money doing projects on it. Not worth it.
As you said one box is beat up and the other is pretty good, and you are talking about new drivers. So essentially you are doing all this to save one enclosure. Not worth it.

May I suggest looking at projects that uses two drivers, or even one wide band driver. FWIW>

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.