Painting Stereo Lab Tractrix Horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

Does anyone here have experience of painting the artificial composite stone Stereo Lab Tractrix horn in its raw state?

I understand with a tractrix it's better to have a textured surface but does anyone have any recommendations in regards to the material type and what paint/finish works best? I can find very little on the internet.

Thanks for your time.

x

Hi

Does anyone here have experience of painting the artificial composite stone Stereo Lab Tractrix horn in its raw state?

I understand with a tractrix it's better to have a textured surface but does anyone have any recommendations in regards to the material type and what paint/finish works best? I can find very little on the internet.

Thanks for your time.

x

I think you would get great results with the SEM Color Coat line of spray cans. They go on very thin and evenly due to the superior misting ability of the nozzle. If you have a textured surface, the very thin application layer will retain it. Once dry, it is rock hard and scratch resistant. Be sure to use the recommended Plastic Prep (38353) to clean the surface beforehand.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.