Diy kimber interconnect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i got a bit frustrated with the whole lack of direction thing, and also ran out of time to do the diy kimber interconnect.
i ended up using the Chord Solid II interconnect that i already had. this extended the bass and heightened the treble. but it left a hollow spot on the middle.
so, i then bought new very thick speaker cable from hong kong, and removed the silver coated copper ones i was using. this brought through a bit more of the midrange.
then connected the main speaker cable to the mids rather than the bass terminals of my speakers. this made a very noticeable increase in the mid range that i was lacking.
in between all of this, i used a small amount of the the kimber cable i had (to make the interconnect) to make speaker jumpers to get rid of the stock plates. this further enhanced detail and resolution, and "cleaned up the sound a little.
the result of all of these changes have been getting the closest that i have come to achieving my "optimal sound". its not perfect- it will never be, but im happy with it for the moment. deep controlled bass, evident midrange (so hard to achieve these days) and detailed yet smooth treble.

I was the one who asked the question and it was interesting to read your reply. Thank for doing that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.