Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Construction Tips Construction techniques and tips

Diy kimber interconnect
Diy kimber interconnect
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th July 2017, 08:42 PM   #141
stvnharr is offline stvnharr  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dka View Post
i got a bit frustrated with the whole lack of direction thing, and also ran out of time to do the diy kimber interconnect.
i ended up using the Chord Solid II interconnect that i already had. this extended the bass and heightened the treble. but it left a hollow spot on the middle.
so, i then bought new very thick speaker cable from hong kong, and removed the silver coated copper ones i was using. this brought through a bit more of the midrange.
then connected the main speaker cable to the mids rather than the bass terminals of my speakers. this made a very noticeable increase in the mid range that i was lacking.
in between all of this, i used a small amount of the the kimber cable i had (to make the interconnect) to make speaker jumpers to get rid of the stock plates. this further enhanced detail and resolution, and "cleaned up the sound a little.
the result of all of these changes have been getting the closest that i have come to achieving my "optimal sound". its not perfect- it will never be, but im happy with it for the moment. deep controlled bass, evident midrange (so hard to achieve these days) and detailed yet smooth treble.
I was the one who asked the question and it was interesting to read your reply. Thank for doing that.
Old 25th July 2017, 10:05 PM   #142
gabdx is offline gabdx  Canada
diyAudio Member

At my audio store you can buy Kimber already interwoven by the foot and ready to connect, it is way cheaper and looks like 10000$ cables and sound superb

It just eliminates one of the problems of audio nevrosis, now you need tube dampers, isolators, a dedicated golden plated power cord, speaker spikes and tuning boxes.
Old 28th July 2017, 11:12 AM   #143
Speedskater is offline Speedskater  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF96 View Post
It is difficult to imagine what type of electrical fault in an interconnect cable could create a mid-frequency suckout. Obviously I have the wrong type of imagination.
It's hard to imagine why anyone would consider the Kimber PBJ a good unbalanced analog interconnect cable.
Old 28th July 2017, 01:44 PM   #144
Speedskater is offline Speedskater  United States
diyAudio Member

On second thought, interference could add noise at the high end and there is Common Impedance Coupling noise at the low end.
Old 28th July 2017, 02:40 PM   #145
gabdx is offline gabdx  Canada
diyAudio Member

If you hear a bee in your wires there are by-bee coupling connectors.

Diy kimber interconnectHide this!Advertise here!